Corporate power is behind the politics of climate denial, Wall Street bailouts, union busting, and media consolidation, to name just a few. And policies advocated by the 1 percent are bankrupting the middle class. But real people have power, too. Here are some of their most successful strategies.
1. Amend the constitution to end corporate personhood.
2. Dive into grassroots campaigns.
3. Hold corporations accountable to our laws.
4. Get Past the Propaganda
5. Support independent media and keep the Internet free.
6. Protect the Commons
7. Vote. Protect our democracy.
8. Make your dollars matter.
9. Get creative to raise awareness.
YES! Magazine, 284 Madrona Way NE, Ste 116, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110-2870800/937-4451